Green Data Centers LEED CE Course
Data centers are massive consumers of both energy and water. Indeed, some data centers can consume as much energy as a small town. Data centers are also increasingly in demand to house and serve our need for storage, management and dissemination of our data in the cloud.
For these reasons, green data centers, those that are designed to maximize energy and water efficiency with minimal environmental impact, are a growing specialty area of green building.
This course will cover the following:
- Data Center Basics
- Data Center Energy Consumption
- Sustainability Metrics
- Energy Efficient Strategies & Technologies for Green Data Centers
- Renewable Energy & Data Centers
- Green Data Center Certifications, including LEED and ENERGY STAR
- Green Data Center Case Studies
- CE Hours: 1 (60 Minutes)
- Level: 100
- Describe what a green data center is and define metrics of sustainability
- Analyze energy efficient data center technologies and strategies to minimize environmental impact
- Evaluate real life case studies of green data centers
- Discuss how energy efficient data centers can earn LEED or ENERGY STAR certification
About the Instructor:
David Pratt is a Professional Mechanical Engineer in the State of Texas, and also a Certified Energy Manager and LEED AP. He has a Bachelor of Science in Engineering from the University of Michigan and a Master of Science in Engineering Management from the Air Force Institute of Technology. David has over 12 years of experience in Civil and Mechanical Engineering, Construction and Sustainable Design and is a frequent contributor to Green Buildings Online.
Save! Get this course plus 6 other green building education courses (including Net Zero Buildings, Passive House Strategies and more...) for only $39.99! Learn More and Buy